Residential English summer course for ages 12-16
Culford is a beautiful school built on the estate of Culford Hall, set in 480 acres of stunning grade 1 parkland. The combination of modern and historic buildings with excellent sports facilities make Culford an ideal location for a summer English course.
Students at Culford study 20 full hours of English lessons each day and have afternoon and evening activities. Meals are taken in the dinner hall where a good variety of meals are offered.
Culford school boasts excellent sports facilities and students who are keen on tennis can book performance tennis coaching with qualified instructors for an extra charge.
Course Dates 2018
8th – 21st July
22nd July – 4th August
Course Fees 2018
|2 Week Course||£1595+£50 Registration Fee|
|4 Week Course||£3190+£50 Registration Fee|
20 full hours teaching per week
- Maximum class size of 12
- Elementary – advanced levels
- Reports and certificates
- Located in Bury St Edmunds, just 45 minutes' drive from Cambridge
- Boys and girls accommodated separately in twin and triple rooms and dormitories
- Breakfast, lunch (or packed lunch) and evening meal provided
- Shared bathroom and shower facilities
- Bed linen provided
- Excellent sports facilities - tennis courts, all weather basketball and football pitch, and an indoor sports hall
- Student common rooms
- Trips to London, Cambridge, Norwich and Bury St Edmunds
- Computers with internet access
An example two-week activity schedule at Culford
|Day||Afternoon Activity||Evening Activity|
|Monday||Sports Afternoon||Welcome Party|
|Tuesday||Museum or Tennis||Football World Cup|
|Wednesday||Cupcake Decorating or Capture the Flag||Film Night|
|Thursday||Full Day Excursion to Cambridge||Fashion Show|
|Friday||Scavenger Hunt or Swimming||Masquerade Disco|
|Saturday||Swimming or Art Masks||Free Time|
|Sunday||Full Day Excursion to London||Free Time|
|Tuesday||Mini Olympics||Swimming or Kick Cricket|
|Wednesday||T Shirt Making or Tennis||Cupcake Decorating or Football|
|Thursday||Rounders/Talent Show Rehearsal||Casino Night|
|Friday||Talent Show||Farewell Party|
- Safe and secure location
- Fully supervised by Select English staff
- First Aid trained staff
- Access to medical services (extra charges may apply)
- To qualify for a free transfer on arrival, you need to book a flight that lands on Sunday between 9am and 5pm at London Stansted or London Heathrow.
- To qualify for a free transfer on departure, you need to book a flight that takes off on a Saturday between 9am and 5pm at London Stansted or London Heathrow.
- If your flight is outside these hours, to/from a different airport or on a different day, you will need to either make your own way, or arrange a private taxi transfer. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this. It is highly recommended that students under the age of 18 arrange a private transfer.
|8th - 21st July||Spaces|
|22nd July - 4th August||Spaces|
Performance TennisTake advantage of the world class tennis facilities at Culford and book a Performance Tennis Academy in addition to your course. Work on all aspects of your game with fully qualified instructors.
- 8 x 1 Hour sessions per course.
- Maximum 6 students per group.
- £275 per course