Magdalene College, Cambridge University
English Language Summer Course for Students Aged 16-25
Students will live in Magdalene College, which is one of Cambridge University’s oldest, most famous and most beautiful colleges. Magdalene College was founded in 1428 and is one of the oldest colleges in Cambridge University. The main courtyard and its small church were both built around 1470, while the famous Pepys library dates from about 1700.
The college is set on the banks of the River Cam, which flows through the centre of Cambridge; many of the student bedrooms have views over the river. The college is situated in the heart of the historic centre of Cambridge, close to the river, the beautiful colleges and stunning architecture of the university – so our students will experience Cambridge’s unique atmosphere to the full.
Magdalene College Course Dates for 2018
8th – 21st July
22nd July – 4th August
Magdalene College Course Fees for 2018
|2 Week Course||£1995 + £50 Registration Fee|
|4 Week Course||£3990 + £50 Registration Fee|
Teaching & Learning
- 20 full hours teaching per week
- Maximum class size of 12
- Elementary – advanced levels
- Reports and certificates
Magdalene College Course Location
- Great location near to the centre of Cambridge
- Safe and secure location
Magdalene College AccommodationStudents live in comfortable single rooms at the heart of Magdalene College; the rooms are in a remarkable building that was designed by the famous British architect Edwin Lutyens
- Students share bathrooms with up to six other students
- Students have breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Magdalene College dining halls
- Surrounded by stunning gardens outside which lead down to the banks of the River Cam
- Free wi-fi for students
Magdalene College Course ActivitiesOur programme at Magdalene College allows students to immerse themselves in traditional Cambridge University student life
- An arrival reception with strawberries & cream on the college lawns
- Course graduation ceremony beneath the Pepys library with detailed personal reports and certificates for each student
- A formal farewell dinner in the historic and atmospheric college dining hall
- Full day excursion to London
- inspirational cultural, social and sporting programme
An example two-week activity schedule at Magdalene College* Activities with a £ will incur a small charge. The cost per week to attend all activities is £20.
|Day||Afternoon Activity||Evening Activity|
|Monday||Walking Tour||Welcome Reception|
|Tuesday||King's College Visit||Traditional Pub Visit|
|Thursday||Sports||Shakespeare Play in Cambridge University Gardens (£)|
|Friday||Visit Fitzwilliam Museum||Course Social Evening|
|Saturday||Full Day Excursion to London||Free Time|
|Sunday||Half-Day Excursion to Ely||Free Time|
|Wednesday||Cambridge University Admissions Lecture||Free Time|
|Thursday||Visit Grantchester||Course Social Evening|
|Friday||Free Time||Formal Farewell Dinner|
- Small course of 50 students
- Safe and secure environment
- Qualified first aiders on site
- Supervised sports and social programme
Magdalene College TransfersFree transfers are available on the Magdalene College course.
- To qualify for a free transfer on arrival, you need to book a flight that lands on Sunday between 9am and 5pm at London Stansted or London Heathrow.
- To qualify for a free transfer on departure, you need to book a flight that takes off on a Saturday between 9am and 5pm at London Stansted or London Heathrow.
- If your flight is outside these hours, to/from a different airport or on a different day, you will need to either make your own way, or arrange a private taxi transfer. Please contact us on email@example.com to arrange this. It is highly recommended that students under the age of 18 arrange a private transfer.
Magdalene College Course Availability
|8th - 21st July||Spaces|
|22nd July - 4th August||Spaces|