Residential English Language Course for Young Learners
Barnardiston Hall is our residential English language course for young learners aged 7-13. It is a boarding school noted for its warm and friendly atmosphere. The school is located in the heart of the Suffolk countryside, just 30 minutes’ drive from Cambridge. It is a safe and secure location, with staff who have years of experience in looking after and working with young learners. We have been running the course at Barnardiston Hall for more than 10 years. It is an active course with 15 hours per day of English lessons combined with a busy activity programme that includes sports, arts and crafts and cultural activities as well as excursions to London and the Pleasurewood Hills theme park. Young learners are certain to have an enjoyable time at Barnardiston Hall.
Barnardiston Hall Course dates for 2018
8th – 21st July
22nd July – 4th August
Barnardiston Hall Prices for 2018
|2 Week Course||£1470 + £50 Registration Fee|
|4 Week Course||£2940+ £50 Registration Fee|
Teaching & Lessons
- 15 full hours teaching per week
- Maximum class size of 12
- Elementary – advanced levels
- Reports and certificates
Barnardiston Hall Location
- Set in the heart of the Suffolk countryside
- 30 minutes from Cambridge
- Safe and secure location
Barnardiston Hall Accommodation
- Accommodation is in small dormitories.
- Boys and girls are accommodated on separate floors supervised by school staff.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are offered and are taken in school dining room.
- Regular laundry
- Bed linen is provided (students should bring their own towels)
- Warm and friendly atmosphere
Barnardiston Hall Activities & ExcursionsThe course at Barnardiston Hall has an exciting and varied activity programme with sports, games and excursions.
- Full day excursions including London and Madame Tussauds
- Many local trips on the school coach
- Sports, games arts and crafts
- All entrance fees included
An example two-week activity schedule at Barnardiston Hall.
|Day||Afternoon Activity||Evening Activity|
|Monday||Excursion to Bury St Edmunds||Welcome Games|
|Tuesday||Visit to Duxford Air Museum||Quiz/Singing|
|Wednesday||Sports/Chill Out||Film Night|
|Thursday||Mountfitchet Castle||Rollerworld Disco|
|Friday||Excursion to Cambridge||Talent Show Preparation|
|Saturday||Full Day Excursion to Pleasurewood Hills||Free Time|
|Sunday||Full Day Excursion to London||Free Time|
|Monday||Visit Thetford Forest Park||Disco|
|Tuesday||Talent Show Preparation||Quiz/Singing|
|Wednesday||Full Day Excursion to Woburn Safari Park||Talent Show Preparation|
|Thursday||Visit Ickworth House and Park||Show Night|
|Friday||Visit Saffron Walden||BBQ and Awards|
- Small course of 100 students
- Safe and secure environment, 4.5km from the nearest town
- Accommodation in dormitories supervised by school staff
- On site nurse, doctor on call
- Qualified first aiders on site
- Supervised sports and social programme
Barnardiston Hall TransfersFree transfers are available on the Barnardiston Hall course.
- To qualify for a free transfer on arrival, you need to book a flight that lands on Sunday between 9am and 5pm at London Stansted or London Heathrow.
- To qualify for a free transfer on departure, you need to book a flight that takes off on a Saturday between 9am and 5pm at London Stansted or London Heathrow.
- If your flight is outside these hours, to/from a different airport or on a different day, you will need to arrange a private taxi transfer. Please contact us on email@example.com to arrange this.
Barnardiston Hall Availability
|8th - 21st July||Spaces|
|22nd July - 4th August||Spaces|